Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Video Blogs (VLOGS)

Lately several readers have e-mailed me asking why I do not posts video blogs of myself on Youtube or here. The thought has crossed my mind before, but the consequence of posting my face on video for the world to see may come back and smack me in the face later.

As of now, the only part of me that the world sees is my writing and a few obscure pictures, of which I crop out my face. You don't see my face, hear my voice, or watch my mannerisms, and that's the way I like it. I don't want people to know my stories and background at my full time job or in my professional life. I don't want to tarnish my reputation at a future job because I talked about the getting my dick sucked by two women at a party. I just don't want the fame that may come with video blogs, especially if I don't get the money with it.

The reason I started this blog is to have an outlet for my life---a life which I hide from many people. At first, I wanted to find stories that paralleled mine, so I searched the web for stories of other male strippers. My search only yielded a few dismal results. The only consistent blog I found was barely coherent---the guy seemed drunk when he typed down his experiences. I could not find a decent book on the subject either. So I took to writing. Through writing, I can tell my stories and be anonymous at the same time, like a confession.

This blog started out small, and it only received a dozen hits a month at the most. Now my web traffic has ballooned into thousands of readers a month. I had never expected this, nor have I expected a demand for my stories. For everyone who takes the time to read my stories, I am thankful. For those readers who are critical of my experience, I am thankful as well because criticism can help one realize personal flaws. As long as there is a demand for my stories, I will continue to write. As of this time, however, I will not be doing any video blogs. But if you have any other requests, then don't hesitate to ask. The worst thing I can say is "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment