Sunday, July 31, 2011

Public Image

Several aspiring male strippers have asked me many similar questions wondering if they must show their picture on a website for a booking agency. These guys have expressed concern about keeping their stripping life private.

So the main question I get asked is this: "Do I have my pictures on the internet so anyone can see?"

My answer: Yeah. You do.

Like it or not, male stripping is a public job. Some gigs take place at clubs, bars, or restaurants. When you go out to work, you expose yourself to the public, most of which are girls. With their digital cameras, these women will cram their memory cards full of pictures of you with their friends. Many of them will upload these pics on Facebook.

Booking agencies will post your picture on their websites as a reference guide for potential customers. Some agencies make it mandatory that you send in several pictures, all of which show your face. Think about it: These girls want to see what kind of strange guy is coming to their party. How are they supposed to know what you look like if you don't have a public picture available for them? I don't know about you, but if I were a customer, I'd like to have an idea of what I'm buying before I make the purchase.

Here's the bottom line: If you don't want people to discover that you're a male stripper, then you're in the wrong line of work. People will find out that you strip. During my time, I encountered a few girls that recognized me in public as "the stripper" from their party.

When in doubt, don't do it.

1 comment:

  1. And they shouldn't forget that nobody who finds their pic unless they're looking for strippers anyways!

    ReplyDelete