Monday, November 23, 2015

Year in Review: 2015

Although it's not quite the end of the year yet, I don't foresee too many stripping gigs with the upcoming holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Girls tend to spend time with their families this time of year, rather than throw bachelorette parties in the cold. With that said, this year turned out to be the best fiscal year of my male stripping career.

I'm not going to post the exact amount, but I nearly doubled what I made in 2014. On top of that, I still turned down about 30 percent of gig offers, too.

In case you're wondering, I made a spreadsheet of each party, the date, location, and the amount I earned, tips included. This helps me to track and compare the peak times, and allows me to ensure that I'm free on certain weekends to do these parties.

This success caused a few drawbacks. One being the lack of party logs. With my full-time job, most of my free time was spent either at the gym, or working these bachelorette parties. I no longer had the time to sit down to write about the highlights of each party (and there were some wild ones, too!).

But who am I to complain?

I attribute this sudden influx of work to beating out the local competition. That was mostly due to their screw-ups instead of any vast improvements on my part.  Now I usually get first dibs on any party, unless the customers specifically request a black or Hispanic guy (then he gets first dibs!).

This good fortune won't last forever. I'm getting older and this job does wear on the body. Someone younger and better will replace me in my area. It's just a matter of time.

Until then, I'm looking forward to 2016 and the prospective earnings it will bring.

You guys can keep checking in, as I plan to post more information about the stripping industry, along with candid stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment